Dealing with a DUI Arrest


DUI Lawyer 4

There may be times when you figure yourself in a situation where you need to drive yourself home after a party or a night out in a bar after you have a few drinks. And it may lead to a situation when you get pulled over and the DUI police officer confiscates your license. If this happens to you for the first time, and you have no experience with this kind of things, it is better to seek the advice of DUI attorney in Los Angeles.

And on this site, you can get legal advice on how to go about with a DUI arrest and how to handle different types of scenarios. You will learn more about your case and what needs to be done so you can sort things out and manage your situation with the least possible repercussions on your part.

You should learn about your rights when you get arrested. When your DMV license gets confiscated, you will be issued a temporary license. You have to file for a DMV hearing within 10 calendar days from the date your license was confiscated. If you fail to do so, your temporary license which was issued to you during your arrest will expire and your driver’s license will be suspended. If you do not know about this, you forfeit your right to a hearing and you will receive a maximum license suspension. For a first time DUI offender, this has duration of six months. For second time offenders arrested within ten years from the first offense, the penalty is one year mandatory suspension. Having an experienced DUI attorney representing you at your DMV hearing will give you a fair chance at commuting your penalty and avoiding a lengthy driver’s license suspension.

A good lawyer can help you qualify for a restricted license. You can do so if you have not had three DUI arrests in the past ten years. You must submit yourself to a chemical test. It is also important that your driver’s license was not suspended or revoked during the time of your DUI arrest. Your lawyer will advise you to apply for restricted license within 30 days from the day your license was confiscated. You should pay $125 for your license to be reinstated. You should be able to provide proof that you have enrolled in a DUI first offender program. Filing the legal documents can be cumbersome. But with the help of tour DUI lawyer, you can be sure that you will be able to file all the right documents at the right time.

Leave a Reply